Many paralegals are aware of the importance of having a great resume, but most individuals searching for paralegal jobs don't realize just how important a cover letter can be. Drafting an effective and error-free cover letter says a lot about your professionalism and is the only way to introduce yourself to a potential employer.
Your cover letter serves the following purposes:
- Connecting you immediately with the hiring firm
- Letting the firm know which position you are applying for
- Enthusiastically conveying why the firm should consider you for the position
- Highlighting pertinent parts of your resume
- Providing the firm with a sample of your writing and advocacy skills
Your cover letter is a critical ingredient in your search for a paralegal job because it can be used to convey important information that simply doesn't fit on your resume. For instance, you can emphasize your commitment to the legal profession and stress your research and management skills. Your cover letter personalizes your application for employment and allows you to highlight the professional and personal values you will bring to your potential employer. Your cover letter is also where you can communicate your interest in a specific field.
Want to continue reading ?
Become a subscriber to LawCrossing's Job Seeker articles.
Once you become a subscriber you will have unlimited access to all of LawCrossing Job Seeker's articles.
There is absolutely no cost!