Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
A Cover Letter is Considered to Be an Important Asset While Applying for a Paralegal Job
by Hardeep Singh Arora
Your cover letter serves the following purposes:
- Connecting you immediately with the hiring firm
- Letting the firm know which position you are applying for
- Enthusiastically conveying why the firm should consider you for the position
- Highlighting pertinent parts of your resume
- Providing the firm with a sample of your writing and advocacy skills
In a paralegal job search, an all-purpose cover letter can be an effective time-saver as it serves as a template which you can modify as necessary each time you send your resume to a law firm. An all-purpose paralegal cover letter is a serious letter, but it need not be a dull letter. Your paralegal cover letter should contain active verbs and use active rather than passive voice. Correct spelling, accurate grammar, and immaculate proofreading are all crucial. Minor grammatical errors or typos can create an impression of carelessness and lead the firm to decide against calling you in for a job interview.
If you are a paralegal, your cover letter is probably more important than your resume. If a law firm receives only your resume without a cover letter, you will appear ignorant of professional conventions and possibly confuse the firm.
Your cover letter should contain just enough highlights from your resume to make the hiring manager want to meet you. A good paralegal cover letter distinguishes you from other candidates with similar credentials and backgrounds, but a great paralegal cover letter conveys your experience and accomplishments in a way that inspires potential employers to contact you immediately before they've even considered other candidates.
Read More About Legal Resumes
- Devloping the skills of wrting a perfect Law firm Resume
- The Dos and Don'ts of Cover Letter Writing
- Essential Resume Profiles
- Tips on how to write a great cover letter and a Resume
- Formatting Your Resume
- Broadening Your Resume When Job Experience is Scarce
- How to choose writing samples for an interview
- Your Attorney Resume: Use a Statement of Qualifications and a Cover Letter Instead of an Objective
- How to Write a Legal Resume: Tips on Writing a Legal Resume to Get an Attorney Job
- Legal Research Writing
It's amazing how many 1L Summer Associate positions I found on LawCrossing, thank you!
LawCrossing Fact #54: Users of LawCrossing are more likely than those who don’t use the site to find their dream jobs because LawCrossing has a staff of hundreds of employees working just for them.
Tax Attorney in Redwood City, CA
Tax Director, Planning Duties: Act as the lead tax contact on various mergers and acquisitions, coordinating with Leg...
Never sign anything. You may be liable for a fee! Most agencies are Fee Paid by Employer, but some agencies are Fee Paid by Employee. That's you! Be wary.