Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Special requirement for a Virtual Paralegal
A freelance contract Virtual Paralegal must be supervised by an attorney. Virtual Paralegals cannot give legal advice or perform legal work for individuals. This is why Virtual Paralegal services are specifically offered to lawyers and small or medium legal firms where there are attorneys to review the work before it is sent to a client.
Lawyers and Firms can get services they would from traditional legal in-house staff except there is more efficiency at a lower cost. A Virtual Paralegal can still perform office duties typically done in house like scheduling, data entry, and preparation of legal documents. Here is a list of some services a Virtual Paralegal can perform when requested:
- Case Review and Analysis
- Trial Preparation
- Legal transcription
- Legal Research
- Drafting of legal correspondence
- Demand Letters
- Discovery Motions
- Create PowerPoint presentations
- Interrogatories and Request for Production of Documents
- Request for Admissions
- Deposition Notices
- Motion for Summary Judgment
- Motion to Dismiss
- Legal Briefs
- Medical Chronologies
- Deposition Summaries (text or electronic)
The Virtual Paralegals have taken years of in-house experience and merged with today's technology. All work is completed by email, fax, or through the daily mail for the most cost efficient work possible to law firms and attorneys.
Salary and Job Outlook for Virtual Paralegals
Virtual Paralegals can expect a growth rate similar to other paralegals through the economic crisis. This profession is really coming through the downturn with good results. This is due to the fact the Virtual Paralegals can provide a savings on attorney fees that would normally be charged at higher rates. A legal firm's expenses for Virtual Paralegals are approximately $48K per year where in house the legal firm would pay about $62K. The difference is a streamline effect because firms pay only for the service and time they require to get the job done.
The annual salary to the Virtual Paralegal might be about the same as the in house Paralegal. A Virtual Paralegal can increase his load when extra work is available thereby increasing his salary. Also, the Virtual Paralegal might be able to accept less work when joining forces with a team of Virtual Paralegals. When the work is there, Virtual Paralegals might have the opportunity to accept or reject it according to his or her schedule. Nevertheless, the needed work can still be done by other Virtual Paralegals. It can be a win-win situation.
Please see the following articles for more information about paralegals and paralegal jobs:
- Qualifications and Responsibilities of a Paralegal
- The Questions to Expect During a Paralegal Job Interview
- Independent Paralegals sought by Legal Firms on Contract basis
- Paralegal Licensing and Regulation: Part I-The ''Pros''
- Paralegal Licensing and Regulation: Part II-The ''Cons''
- Male Paralegals: Is There Really a Glass Elevator?
- A Paralegal’s Guide to Forming Client Interview Questionnaires
- Honoring and Celebrating Paralegals untiring behind the scene work
- 10 Good Reasons to Become a Paralegal
- Practical Billing Tips for Paralegals
- What Does it Take to Become a Paralegal?
- A Cover Letter is Considered to Be an Important Asset While Applying for a Paralegal Job
- Various Types of Paralegal Jobs
- How Important is ABA Approval for Paralegal Programs?
- The Life and Career of Tracie Goodwin: Paralegal to Attorney
- Creating an Exceptional Paralegal Resume
Please see the following articles for more information about legal staff positions:
- Legal Proofreaders
- Becoming a Legal File Clerk Can Be a Great Entry into the Field of Law
- Various Types of Paralegal Jobs
- Becoming an E-Discovery Professional
- Seeking a Profession as a Nurse in a Law Firm
- Tips for Becoming a Successful Paralegal
- Honoring and Celebrating Paralegals Untiring Behind the Scene Work
The resume and cover letter uploading mechanism is very good!!
LawCrossing Fact #129: About to graduate? Students can get a leg up when it comes to finding that first entry-level job or internship by searching our site.
Banking Attorney in Saint Louis, MO
LIHTC Syndication Manager Duties: Preparing and delivering the following underwriting documents associated with aff...
While job hunting take a class or go to school at night. The more skills you have, the more employable you are. Schools are great places to network, too.