Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Quasi Legal Jobs – How Do You Know Which Job to Choose?
- Does this job add to your legal expertise?
- Does this job improve on your skills as an attorney?
- Does this job provide you insight to micro-issues at operational, functional or internal concern levels?
- Does this job improve or add any value to your existing soft skills such as your ability to analyze facts/documents, communicate to different types of audiences, think critically, and so on?
- Does the job help you build your understanding on macro levels - economy, market, competition, and/or industry?
Where Should You Look for Quasi Legal Jobs?
As a fresh law school graduate you will have to look for jobs that will build you as a lawyer even if you do not work in a legal firm or as an attorney. To find jobs that will hone your skills and abilities as a lawyer - and make you a valuable catch some 1-3 years later for big law firms - you will need to look up the following avenues:
- Online job boards - For many employers, online job boards are the primary mode of finding the right candidates for open positions. You need to use an online job board as a research tool to find out what jobs you should target as a quasi legal; what are the best salary for such jobs; and what are the alternate careers you could pursue that could converge into a successful career in law at a later stage.
- Recruiters - Recruiters focusing on entry level jobs for law school graduates are few and far in between. However, it is worth it to look for such recruiters and build a close rapport with them. Even if they cannot help you immediately, you may need them to bounce you some big names in a year or two after you are ripe enough for an attorney position in a big law firm.
- Networking - This would be perhaps the most powerful and lucrative of all the methods you have. Learn to build a strong network with your peers and seniors. Build relationships. Stay in contact. Be available always for lending a hand. Networking is all about nurturing mutually enriching relationships - both at a professional and personal level. The best opportunities to land an excellent quasi legal job or a job in a big law firm are most likely to come through your network.
I had a great experience using LawCrossing. I found some listings which I could not find anywhere else. Amazing site!
LawCrossing Fact #212: We do not do anything that does not necessarily benefit you.
Looking for an attorney licensed in Arkansas to work full time. The job involves doing consumer b...
The candidate will work hands on from the beginning. The candidate will help with mos...
Seeking Junior-Level Corporate Finance and Lending Attorney for a permanent position with a prest...
Seeking Mid-Level to Senior-Level Corporate / Transactional Attorney for a ...
Located 30 minutes outside of New York City in West Orange, NJ, Chiesa Shahinian & Gianto...
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Theresa D. Colorado
Land Use Associate / Attorney
San Francisco, CA
Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP is seeking a skilled and motivated land use associate / attorney with a minimum of 4+...
Looking for a job when you're still working? It's tricky. Be careful of noticeable changes in your normal pattern. Don't take extra time off, come to work dressed better than usual, increase or decrease the amount of work you do, or go low profile if you've always been high profile.