Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Quasi Legal Jobs – How Do You Know Which Job to Choose?
- Does this job add to your legal expertise?
- Does this job improve on your skills as an attorney?
- Does this job provide you insight to micro-issues at operational, functional or internal concern levels?
- Does this job improve or add any value to your existing soft skills such as your ability to analyze facts/documents, communicate to different types of audiences, think critically, and so on?
- Does the job help you build your understanding on macro levels - economy, market, competition, and/or industry?
Where Should You Look for Quasi Legal Jobs?
As a fresh law school graduate you will have to look for jobs that will build you as a lawyer even if you do not work in a legal firm or as an attorney. To find jobs that will hone your skills and abilities as a lawyer - and make you a valuable catch some 1-3 years later for big law firms - you will need to look up the following avenues:
- Online job boards - For many employers, online job boards are the primary mode of finding the right candidates for open positions. You need to use an online job board as a research tool to find out what jobs you should target as a quasi legal; what are the best salary for such jobs; and what are the alternate careers you could pursue that could converge into a successful career in law at a later stage.
- Recruiters - Recruiters focusing on entry level jobs for law school graduates are few and far in between. However, it is worth it to look for such recruiters and build a close rapport with them. Even if they cannot help you immediately, you may need them to bounce you some big names in a year or two after you are ripe enough for an attorney position in a big law firm.
- Networking - This would be perhaps the most powerful and lucrative of all the methods you have. Learn to build a strong network with your peers and seniors. Build relationships. Stay in contact. Be available always for lending a hand. Networking is all about nurturing mutually enriching relationships - both at a professional and personal level. The best opportunities to land an excellent quasi legal job or a job in a big law firm are most likely to come through your network.
It's amazing how many 1L Summer Associate positions I found on LawCrossing, thank you!
LawCrossing Fact #88: Because users can see every job in the market, they are one step closer to finding their dream jobs.
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Brian McMillan San Francisco, CA
Litigation Research & Writing Attorney
New Orleans, LA
If you are an attorney wishing to participate on a litigation team and provide legal research and writing and strategica...
Invest in quality clothes for the interview and make sure your grooming is impeccable. Hair must be neat, nails manicured, shoes polished. No exceptions.