Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Quasi Legal Jobs – How Do You Know Which Job to Choose?
- Does this job add to your legal expertise?
- Does this job improve on your skills as an attorney?
- Does this job provide you insight to micro-issues at operational, functional or internal concern levels?
- Does this job improve or add any value to your existing soft skills such as your ability to analyze facts/documents, communicate to different types of audiences, think critically, and so on?
- Does the job help you build your understanding on macro levels - economy, market, competition, and/or industry?
Where Should You Look for Quasi Legal Jobs?
As a fresh law school graduate you will have to look for jobs that will build you as a lawyer even if you do not work in a legal firm or as an attorney. To find jobs that will hone your skills and abilities as a lawyer - and make you a valuable catch some 1-3 years later for big law firms - you will need to look up the following avenues:
- Online job boards - For many employers, online job boards are the primary mode of finding the right candidates for open positions. You need to use an online job board as a research tool to find out what jobs you should target as a quasi legal; what are the best salary for such jobs; and what are the alternate careers you could pursue that could converge into a successful career in law at a later stage.
- Recruiters - Recruiters focusing on entry level jobs for law school graduates are few and far in between. However, it is worth it to look for such recruiters and build a close rapport with them. Even if they cannot help you immediately, you may need them to bounce you some big names in a year or two after you are ripe enough for an attorney position in a big law firm.
- Networking - This would be perhaps the most powerful and lucrative of all the methods you have. Learn to build a strong network with your peers and seniors. Build relationships. Stay in contact. Be available always for lending a hand. Networking is all about nurturing mutually enriching relationships - both at a professional and personal level. The best opportunities to land an excellent quasi legal job or a job in a big law firm are most likely to come through your network.
I will be eternally grateful to LawCrossing to enable me to take my first steps into the legal profession. Many thanks!
LawCrossing Fact #78: Those who use LawCrossing are more likely to find jobs than those who don’t because the site has the most up-to-date job listings on the Internet.
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Theresa D. Colorado
Hendershot, Cannon, Martin & Hisey, PC – Galleria Area based law firm is seeking a Litigation Associate Attorney with ...
The higher you are on the corporate ladder, the more you need to network. The old boy/girl network is alive and well. Use it.