Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
The Columbia Law School has a legal focus in the following:
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- U.S. securities regulation
- Criminal Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Intellectual Property
- In the early 1900's, the Law School was known for the origination of the legal realism movement.
- In September 1988, Columbia Law School established the first AIDS Law Clinic in the U.S.
- In 2006, the Law School took on a plan to increase the number of faculty by fifty percent but they school would not increase student enrollment.
- Columbia Law School has connections for dual degree programs with Law Schools overseas. The Law Schools working with Columbia Law include: King's College London (KCL), London School of Economics (LSE) in London, England and the University College London (UCL). There are currently 3 Law Schools in France which are involved in the dual degree programs and one Law School in Germany.
- Columbia Law School also operates mentally challenging clinical programs that lend support to the community. They operate in technology based clinics and started the first Aids Law clinics.
The Columbia Law School admission process requires applicants to have an undergraduate GPA ranging from 3.58 to 3.82 and an LSAT score ranging from 170 to 174. At present, their ratio of students to faculty is 1 to 9. The cost of tuition in the 2008-2009 semesters was $68,000 for a single student and the cost does include tuition, room, board, and books.
Learn the 10 Factors That Matter to Big Firms More Than Where You Went to Law School
The parts of the application that must be completed and submitted are:
- Biographical Information Form
- Personal Profile
- A Personal Essay or Statement
- Two Recommendation Letters
I love the methodology of LawCrossing. A very well thought site, the e-mail alert being the best part.
LawCrossing Fact #142: Our “Quick Search” button allows you to quickly search for a job by keyword or location!
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Eileen Baca-Penner New Mexico
New York City, NY
Division of Economic Justice Bureau of Internet and Technology Assistant Attorney General – New York City Re...
Job hunting can involve a long series of rejections. Don't fear rejection. Celebrate it. In salesperson's terms, each no' brings you that much closer to 'yes.'