Search using our robust engine. Get the recommendations you need to get ahead.
Browse through our expansive list of legal practice areas.
Work where you are or where you would like to be. Find where you will work with LawCrossing.
Use our marketplace to feature your opportunity
Start your search today
Set up your account and manage your company profile on LawCrossing
Look through and compare company profiles
Learn from the legal expert
Discover salaries and the scope of your next job
LawCrossing Works Read Testimonials and Share your Story
Self-Help Means Helping Others
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A California Statewide High-End Litigation Boutique has an outstanding opportunity for a Litigator in its downtown Los Angeles office. We are looking for a team player who enjoys a cordial, diverse and a fast-paced working environment. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year in California state civil litigation defense experience, as a California-licensed and practicing California work product, case management and communication skills on par with AmLaw100 or AmLaw200 firm. Excellent opportunity for an Associate Attorney with a background in complex litigation, employment defense litigation or insurance defense litigation. While the firm primarily litigates and tries high stakes cases, an associate must handle a small percentage of insurance defense cases for the firm’s most distinguished clients. Must be organized, a hard-worker and a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
• Analyze and assess case value to aid in early resolution.
• Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan to cover all phases of litigation.
• Assist Partner in handling various types of civil litigation.
• Perform legal research on relevant issues throughout the course of the litigation process.
• Maintain communication with clients, carriers and opposing counsel through the course of the claim.
• Conduct fact investigation; formulate, implement discovery and investigation plans.
• Attend depositions; draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues, dispositive motions and trial preparation.
• Represent the interests of the client(s) at hearings, trials, depositions, mediations, arbitrations and other proceedings.
• Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
• Negotiate settlements on behalf of the client(s).
• Juris Doctorate degree and current good standing with CA State bar is required.
• Minimum of 1-year California state litigation experience working in the Civil Defense Litigation department of a law firm in California.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Strong time-management skills
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge and expertise with task code and insurance billing guidelines is a plus.
• Knowledge and expertise in Labor & Employment law is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Scali Rasmussen, PC
Named a leading automotive boutique law firm by the Daily Journal not long after we established the firm in 2013, Scali Rasmussen today applies its high-level business legal insights to the issues that matter.
Based in California and working across the United States, we represent a wide range of automotive and transportation businesses as well as clients in retail, hospitality, insurance, real estate, manufacturing and service industries.
In the media, in webinars and in our own publications such as Ahead of the Curve, our attorneys anticipate and analyze developments that shape industry progress and your business.
Clients appreciate the practicality of our solutions and count on our combined depth and breadth of counsel and the resources we provide. We operate the same way our clients do — lean and mean — so the counsel you receive hits the mark.
Nov 15, 2023
Nov 15, 2023
Tell us where to send your access instructions: