Search using our robust engine. Get the recommendations you need to get ahead.
Browse through our expansive list of legal practice areas.
Work where you are or where you would like to be. Find where you will work with LawCrossing.
Use our marketplace to feature your opportunity
Start your search today
Set up your account and manage your company profile on LawCrossing
Look through and compare company profiles
Learn from the legal expert
Discover salaries and the scope of your next job
LawCrossing Works Read Testimonials and Share your Story
Self-Help Means Helping Others
Santa Ana, CA, United States
Staff Attorney – Housing and Homelessness Prevention Unit
Full-time Staff Attorney – Housing and Homelessness Prevention Unit
The Public Law Center (PLC)’s Housing and Homelessness Prevention Unit seeks an energetic, passionate advocate to join our team in fighting for justice for low-income tenants and self-represented litigants in Orange County through innovative, collaborative, community-centered lawyering to address inequities and pursue access to affordable housing.
PLC’s Housing and Homelessness Prevention Unit provides high quality direct representation, in addition to coordinating and supervising pro bono representation, of tenants in cases involving unlawful detainer, discrimination, harassment, housing voucher disputes, affordable housing advocacy and other issues related to housing. The Unit also participates in community education, community-based clinics, and local and statewide advocacy.
• Active membership in the California State Bar/Bar Membership pending or eligibility to practice under State Bar Multijurisdictional Practice Program.
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese strongly preferred
• 0-5 years’ experience; eviction defense and/or housing law experience preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to working with low-income communities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, and work independently and as part of a team
• Must have own transportation, valid CA Driver’s license, insurance and good
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless the applicant has a valid medical reason for not being fully vaccinated or a sincerely held religious belief
Duties and Responsibilities
• Handle a diverse caseload on behalf of low-income tenants, including eviction defense, discrimination, habitability, subsidized housing cases (including, but not limited to, Section 8), and other issues arising in landlord/tenant relationships
• Coordinate referrals to other PLC units to provide comprehensive legal services
• Investigate clients’ cases, including inspection of housing units and obtaining and reviewing documents and records from government agencies
• Represent PLC at networking and community outreach events (when possible)
• Full time position with occasional evening and weekend work required
• Other duties as assigned
Salary & Benefits
• Compensation dependent on experience; range of $70,000 to $82,000
• Competitive benefits provided
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample (10 pages or less) to Grace Landa at:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Public Law Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Public Law Center
The Public Law Center, Orange County's pro bono law firm, is committed to providing access to justice for low income residents. Through volunteers and staff, the Public Law Center provides free civil legal services, including counseling, individual representation, community education, and strategic litigation and advocacy to challenge societal injustices.
Nov 09, 2023
Nov 09, 2023
Tell us where to send your access instructions: