Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Lowenstein Sandler LLP
|Main office||65 Livingston Avenue, | Roseland | NJ | 07068|
|Year of establishment||1961|
|Number of offices||4|
|Number of attorneys||248|
|Number of associates||77|
|Partner: associate ratio||1.40|
|Percent women attorneys||31.90|
|Percent minority attorneys||9.90|
Lowenstein Sandler is a leading national law firm, committed to helping our clients succeed. Our industry knowledge, entrepreneurial drive, and proven commitment to our communities delivers a different and better law firm experience to our clients. At Lowenstein Sandler, we work harder than our competitors to understand our clients’ businesses. We train our lawyers more intensely to respect and respond to clients’ needs. We immerse ourselves more deeply in clients’ industries, so that we can understand their world better. We are fearless, entrepreneurial, creative, trusted and passionate about serving our clients. Every member of Lowenstein Sandler makes – and must deliver on – a commitment to his or her colleagues, clients and community. Colleagues: Our people treat one another with mutual respect, reinforcing a supportive culture and maintaining a spirit of generous collaboration throughout the firm. Clients: We extend that same spirit to our clients, continuously responding to their needs, and form relationships of mutual trust through which we craft relevant and innovative business solutions. Community: We invest the same degree of energy and dedication to the communities where we live and work through our active, innovative pro bono program, our commitment to the public interest, and the spirit of volunteerism that drives our community service initiatives.
Areas of practice
Awards and recognitions
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2012) ranked Lowenstein No. 1 in corporate practice, litigation, environmental practice, bankruptcy /restructuring, employee benefits & executive compensation, employment, intellectual property and real estate.
- The Legal 500 (2012) recommended the firm for Investment Fund Formation and Management: Alternative/Hedge Funds (National) for the sixth consecutive year and for mergers, acquisitions and buyouts of venture capital and emerging companies.
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms (2013) recognized the firm in the following practice areas: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Commercial Litigation; Corporate Law; Criminal Defense: White Collar - Governmental Investigations & Litigation; Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Environmental Law; Insurance Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy; Litigation - Construction; Litigation - Eminent Domain & Condemnation; Litigation - Environmental; Litigation - First Amendment; Litigation - Intellectual Property; Litigation - Securities; Litigation - Trusts & Estates; Media & First Amendment Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants; Private Equity Law; Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law; Real Estate Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securitization and Structured Finance Law; Tax Law; Trusts & Estates Law and Venture Capital Law
- Bankruptcy Week (2011) recognized the firm for representing major stakeholders in four of the 20 largest bankruptcy filings (as of May 2011). The debtors' revenue totaled nearly $3.3 billion, according to pre-bankruptcy petition filings.
- Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst (2010 - 2012) ranked Lowenstein Sandler among the most active law firms in the nation for the number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed in 2009-2011.
- Corporate Counsel (2009 - 2012) selected the firm as a "Go-To Law Firm for the Top 500 Companies" for litigation, intellectual property and employment & labor.
- Intellectual Property Today (2008 - 2010) ranked Lowenstein Sandler as one of the nation's top trademark firms.
- The Deal (2007 - 2012) ranked the firm No.1 in the nation for representing unsecured creditors.
- The AmLaw Daily (2012) ranked the firm 33rd among top 200 firms for pro bono work.
- The firm was given the 2012 Hispanic National Bar Association Pro Bono Award (2012).
- New Jersey Law Journal ranked Lowenstein Sandler as No. 1 in the state for pro bono work for six consecutive years (2006 - 2011).
- Lowenstein Sandler was named 2011 "Humanitarian of the Year" by the American Conference on Diversity.
- NJBiz (2010, 2012) named the firm as one of the best places to work in New Jersey.
- Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers LLC (2009) recognized the firm as one the nation's best firms for women.
Lowenstein Sandler looks for people of exceptional intellectual capability, with very strong writing and communication skills, organizational abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. These characteristics are assessed on the basis of candidates' academic and professional records, references, and writing samples.
Diversity is the integral to the culture of Lowenstein Sandler. It has a diverse workforce providing quality legal services. The firm's commitment dates back to its founding and the legacy of Alan Lowenstein, who was social justice pioneer and community leader. More than two decades ago, it became the first large law firm headquartered in New Jersey to promote its partners, an African-American man and Hispanic-American woman. For the past ten years, it has been ranked first among large New Jersey-based firms with the greatest number of minority partners.
Lowenstein Sandler believes that diversity attracts talented attorneys who give the most original, thoughtful, and effective solutions to it clients. For several consecutive years, Multicultural Law has named the firm as one of the nation's top 100 law firms for diversity and one of the nation's top 100 law firms for women. In 2008, the magazine also ranked Lowenstein among the top 25 law firms for Hispanics.
In 2009, Lowenstein Sandler launched DiversityisNatural.com, a new Web site dedicated to fostering the advancement of women and minority attorneys. Featuring articles written by judges, in-house attorneys, and other prominent legal professionals, the Web site will tackle critical issues associated with cultivating and maintaining a diverse working environment, such as mentoring, work-life balance, recruiting and retention, career advancement and professional development.
The firm has implemented innovative programs to recruit, retain, and promote lawyers from diverse social, economic, cultural, and personal backgrounds. It strengthens its commitment at all levels, from senior management, throughout partnership ranks, within associate recruiting, training, and mentoring programs, and among staff. From campus recruiting to lateral outreach to skills-building workshops, the award-winning programs of the firm provide the enrichment, development, and mentoring that build a pipeline of opportunity and career growth.
Summer associate program
Summer Associate Program
The summer associate program of Lowenstein Sandler is of 11 weeks. First and second year students from law schools throughout the country can take advantage of the program. When you join the program you will be sharpening your law school skills like analytical thinking, critical writing and legal research.
The summer associate program includes educational seminars, mentoring, and fun social events. You will get an opportunity to take up complex legal matters that you are interested in. In all, the program strikes a perfect balance between structure and flexibility and serious legal work and good fun.
Campus Interviews are usually held at the following places:
Cornell Law School
Duke University School of Law
Fordham University School of Law
Georgetown University Law Center
Harvard Law School
New York University School of Law
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark
Santa Clara University School of Law
Seton Hall Law School
Stanford Law School
University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law
University of Pennsylvania Law School
University of San Diego School of Law
Yale Law School
Salary & benefits
Discretionary time off/vacation; 12 paid holidays; health and vision coverage; short/long-term disability; life insurance; paid maternity leave; 401(k); flex-spending accounts; domestic partner benefits; employee assistance program; bar associations 3 years; ar exam expenses paid; onsite fitness center (Roseland location); cafe and coffee bar on premises (Roseland location); back-up child care; onsite, bimonthly chiropractic services (Roseland location).
Working for the Lowenstein Sandler LLP
In the news
Some of the Jobs with Lowenstein Sandler LLP currently available on LawCrossing:
|Legal Staff in Palo Alto, CA||USA-CA-Palo Alto||Legal Secretary (Patent) Duties: Provide administrative support to assigned firm personnel; assist and relieve attorneys and other personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing essential duties and responsibilities which include the following: Answer telephones for attorneys, as wel...|
|Legal Staff in Palo Alto, CA||USA-CA-Palo Alto||Patent Legal Secretary Duties: Will provide administrative support to assigned firm personnel; assist and relieve attorneys and other personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing essential duties and responsibilities which include the following: Answer telephones for attorneys, as we...|
|Legal Staff in Palo Alto, CA||USA-CA-Palo Alto||Billing Specialist Duties: Working with the Billing Coordinator, will be working as a team and with various attorneys, their assistants and other timekeepers on preparing client billing in accordance with established firm and client policies and procedures. Working with Billing Partners to ensure...|
|Corporate Attorney in New York City, NY||USA-NY-New York City||Investment Management Associate Duties: To provide innovative solutions and dedicated, top-caliber client service to worldwide clientele of hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and other pooled investment vehicles, as well as institutional investors, investment advisers and b...|
|Transactional IP Associate with 2+ years of experience||USA-NJ-Roseland||
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s Intellectual Property Section of the Tech Group is seeking a highly qualified Associate to handle transactional IP and privacy matters. Candidates should have 2+ years of experience in multiple aspects of intellectual property law, particularly with a focus on pri...
Trusts and Estates Attorney in Dallas, TX
Senior Vice President, Compliance The candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of a...
Resumes are meant to be brief. They are a snapshot of your credentials. It should leave the reader wanting to know more about you, not less.