AVP, Surety Claims Counsel
The candidate will thoroughly analyze, investigate, negotiate and resolve both commercial and contract surety Bond claims. Will retain, manage, and work with outside counsel in claim, indemnity and regulatory matters. Extensively communicate with internal and external customers on surety claims and legal matters. Review, analyze, draft, and revise contracts, bond forms, indemnity agreements, non-disclosure agreements, co-surety agreements and oth...
Unclaimed Property Staff Consultant
The candidate will review client records (e.g., accounting documents, procedures, etc.) to identify areas of potential unclaimed property noncompliance. Will conduct interviews of client’s accounting and departmental personnel. Will identify client’s potential unclaimed property exposure. Will develope strategic plans to limit client’s potential exposure. Will present suggestions to clients to reduce potential exposure. Will create...
Collegial defense firm in Dallas is looking for an attorney with 5-10 years of insurance defense experience. Experience in products liability, trucking/transportation, catastrophic injury, construction defect, premise liability, insurance coverage, etc. is a plus. Must have TX bar admission.
Insurance Defense Attorney
The candidate will represent clients in court or before government agencies. Present evidence to represent clients in civil litigation. Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial. Study and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses. Present and summarize cases to judges and juries. Prepare legal briefs and opinions and file appeals in state and federal courts o...
Vice President, Claims
The candidate will operate within responsibilities and authorities as set by the Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Claims Operations for Claims. Will review and approve reservation-of-rights and coverage denial letters, whether prepared internally or by outside counsel. Review policy-limit demands and provide advice on an appropriate response. Provide coverage advice or refer request to outside counsel as may be appropriate. Monit...
Testimonial of the Week
LawCrossing is fantastic! When I am looking for a job, it is the first place I come to. The service is very good and I enjoyed the emails. LawCrossing has more jobs and it is more tailored. Other sites gave a lot of irrelevant results. Your site may have a great algorithm, but it felt like an actual person choosing jobs they felt would be good based on my search. I will always recommend this site!
Insurance Coverage & Litigation Associate
The candidate principally involves handling litigation matters, including the direct defense and advising of insurance companies in context of both liability and property insurance claims. Should have a working knowledge of state and federal civil procedure as well as experience with depositions, hearings, and evaluating insurance coverage issues. Excellent advocacy and writing skills are a must. Candidates licensed to practice law...
Litigation Associate Attorney
The candidate must have 5+ years of experience. Should preferably have experience in property insurance and litigation, along with stellar oral and written communication skills.
Trial Lawyer / Premises Liability Attorney
The candidate will handle 80% of premises liability cases and the remaining 20% will be a mix of personal injury cases. Will also be actively involved in promoting the practice area for the firm, including participating in speaking engagements, webinars, and networking events. Must be licensed and in good standing with either the Texas State Bar or the Colorado State Bar (or admission pending).
Senior Staff Attorney
The candidate will report to the Staff Legal Managing Attorney or Assistant Managing Attorney. Will handle complex and high exposure litigation. Analyze intricate substantive and procedural legal and factual issues, conduct extensive, well-reasoned legal research, independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients. Prepare complex pleadings, written discovery, depositions, motions and briefs in support of defense strategies with...
Insurance Litigation Attorney
The candidate must have 3-5 years of insurance coverage (property and casualty) experience. Texas Bar admission is required. Will take ownership of case management, draft briefs and discovery material, appear in court, and play key roles at trials. Must have excellent writing skills and a superior academic record.