Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Date Last Verified
Years of Experience
We are looking for a Trust & Estates Legal Secretary or Paralegal with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
To be successful in this position you’ll need excellent telephone etiquette, outstanding attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to complete tasks on short time lines, and to be a quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, great benefits package and a relaxed but productive professional work environment. Our employees work together as team with a commitment to excellence.
- Assist with the preparation of estate planning documents (trusts, wills, power of attorneys, advance health care directives and other estate planning documents);
- Communicate with clients to compile all required information and asset information to prepare an estate plan;
- Prepare deeds and transfer of real property documents (deeds, PCOR and Prop 58);
- Prepare and proof correspondences and other trust and estates related legal documents;
- Assist with trust administrations from intake through final distribution and assist in the preparation of trust administration documents (partition agreement, memorandum allocating assets, fiduciary accounting, trust termination agreement, Heggstad petition); and
- Assist with probate administrations from intake through final distribution and assist in the preparation of probate filings using Judicial Council forms and form pleadings (petition for probate, I&A, fiduciary accountings, petition for final distribution).
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional computer proficiency with an emphasis in practice management, drafting and document management systems
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - intermediate/advanced level
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree (aka Bachelor’s degree) or minimum of two (2) years trust & estates work experience.
- 2+ years' experience working in a small business office setting
- Notary public preferred but not required
TO APPLY, contact us via email along with your resume and compensation requirements.