Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Years of Experience
Unique position supporting senior attorney in client-centered criminal law practice providing high-quality representation. Minimum of 3-5 years legal experience, preferably in a criminal practice. Bar admission not required. Staff Attorney will work closely with clients and senior attorney, assisting from initial intake interview through trial preparation.
• Conduct initial client interviews
• Prepare cases for all stages of representation
• Identify and analyze legal issues
• Develop trial strategies exercising legal judgement
• Conduct legal research, draft motions and memoranda of law
• Prepare cases for trial
• Eager to support senior attorney
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Posses proper grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of Maryland law; statutes, case law, Maryland Rules
• Experienced in legal writing, editing and proofreading
This is an excellent position and rewarding opportunity for an individual with attorney skills who is not interested in practicing in a courtroom setting. Please submit resume with cover letter discussing experience and salary requirements.
Cochran & Chhabra, LLC
At Cochran & Chhabra, LLC, our law firm has grown substantially from the solo practice first opened by Gill Cochran in 1970. With four accomplished trial lawyers — who have more than 60 years of combined legal experienced — and a firmly established statewide reputation for excellence in client service, we serve the needs of the injured and the accused throughout Maryland. Cochran & Chhabra, LLC, serves Annapolis and surrounding counties, including Anne Arundel, Prince George's, Howard, Montgomery and Calvert counties. We regularly represent military personnel from the U.S. Naval Academy, Andrews AFB and Fort Meade, and we welcome out-of-state clients injured or arrested while traveling through Maryland.