Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Years of Experience
The Weld County Department of Human Services Child Support Division is searching for a Legal Technician Manager to provide daily direction and leadership for a team of Legal Technicians responsible for the location of parents and enforcement of child support collections and Legal Technicians that are responsible for the location of parents, establishment of paternity, establishment of child support and medical support orders, Foster Care, review and modification of orders and intergovernmental actions. Coordinate work with other divisions and the courts. Develop, implement, and track strategies to meet program goals and requirements.
The Ideal Candidate for the Department of Human Services, Child Support Division will possess these traits:
1. Strong self-starter that is deadline driven
2. Strong, positive leadership style with focus on business needs and ongoing support of staff
3. Promotes employee engagement by ensuring staff are provided adequate resources, clear expectations, and frequent communication
4. Highly organized with strong attention to detail
The starting pay is $69,709 - $88,278 annually plus benefits (see benefits tab on the job posting).
Directly supervise a unit consisting of Legal Technicians. Provide leadership, guidance and support to staff ensuring a high level of performance and compliance with County, State and Federal rules and regulations and local procedures. Establish staff performance standards, appraise performance, address employee concerns and resolve problems in collaboration with Department Human Capital Management and County Human Resources. Review staff work on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and accuracy. Maintain working knowledge of program rules and system operations.
Participate in interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Assist in developing educational and professional development opportunities for staff. Provide timely, honest, and positive coaching, feedback, and performance evaluations. Create an environment that fosters a high level of employee engagement within the division by ensuring staff are provided adequate resources, clear expectations, and frequent communication.
Establish, implement, and review local procedures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with other procedures, regulations, and statutes. Coordinate workflow with other agency departments and the judicial system. Realign unit responsibilities to accommodate shifting caseloads, legislative changes, and system changes. Strategize to meet program goals and requirements. Assign special duties or make changes in tasks to meet priority needs. Resolve complex customer service issues and diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
Collaborate with staff from counties throughout the state to enhance procedures and set policies to increase enforcement performance. Develop best practices and strategies in order to maximize effectiveness in establishing, modifying, and enforcing support orders.
Interface with other agencies, the court, attorneys, employers, and the State with a high level of customer service. As part of the Child Support Division management team, coordinate with the Department to develop the best practices in serving our customers. Conduct Administrative Reviews of contested child support arrearages.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Successful completion of bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and ability for the position may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Six years full time business or office experience involving a high level of customer interaction.
• Three years must include working in a human services or legal environment.
• Two years full time experience supervising and managing employees that include directing work activities and evaluating employee performance.
Substitution for Supervisory Experience:
• Any combination of equivalent work experience and education or training that demonstrates skills and ability in Leadership/Communication, Workflow Organization and Management, and Employee Development.
Preferred Work Experience and Certifications:
• Experience working in a legal, collections, or child support environment.
• Paralegal Certificate
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must possess accurate 10 key ability.
• Must possess ability to keyboard at 35 words per minute.
• Must pass Human Services and COVIS Background Checks.
Condition of Employment:
• Must obtain Paralegal Certification within first 12 months of employment if not certified upon hire.
Testing may be required for applicants who are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
MUST APPLY TO OUR WEBSITE.
To view complete job announcement and to apply, use the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/weld
Weld County Government
Home to 31 incorporated municipalities, including growing cities, charming towns, thriving businesses and thousands of acres of prime agricultural land. As Colorado’s third largest county, Weld County covers 3,987 square miles in the northern part of the state and is larger than the size of Rhode Island, Delaware and the District of Columbia combined. The climate is dry and generally mild with warm summers, mild winters and a growing season of approximately 138 days. The land surface is fairly level in the east, with rolling prairies and low hills near the western border. Elevations in the county range from 4,400 to 5,000 feet. The South Platte River and its tributaries, the Cache la Poudre, the Big Thompson, the Little Thompson, the St. Vrain, and other smaller streams, flow into Weld County from the south and west, leaving the county on the east. With available services, location, resources and livability, Weld County offers unbounded opportunity for families to live, work and play. We have one more important ingredient as well: A positive attitude toward growth. For information regarding Weld County demographics, please click here and look under the Helpful Information section. We love being here, and we’d love having you here too!