Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Date Last Verified
Years of Experience
Staff Attorney with Landlord/Tenant and/or Family Law Experience
Temporary/Full-Time: PH050519. Our client, a nonprofit entity, located near Philadelphia but in New Jersey, seeks a temporary staff attorney with skills and litigation experience in either Landlord/Tenant disputes, or in Family Law (specifically, Domestic Violence), or, BOTH. Targeting 5 years' experience.
This position is anticipated to last 3 to 6 months, but likely closer to 6 months. NJ law license is REQUIRED. Sorry, no exceptions.
35-hour work week, consisting of a 8-hour days with a 1-hour unpaid lunch.each day.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the unit Managing Attorney, the Staff Attorney provides the highest quality of legal service to his/her clients in a variety of poverty law matters. The Staff Attorney also acts as a liaison between our client and local community groups and engages in community outreach and community legal education.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle intake interviews;
- Provide direct representation to clients in a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to family law matters, landlord/tenant matters, as well as to housing, consumer, public benefits, healthcare, employment and senior issues;
- Participate in group representation, where appropriate;
- Participate in staff and case acceptance meetings and program wide working groups;
- Work with the Managing Attorney, Director of Litigation and/or the Executive Director in planning, developing and litigating significant impact cases;
- Participate in community outreach and community legal education, clinics and seminars;
- Develop new ideas and methods to provide service to clients;
- Work with other staff as an effective member of the team;
- Assist in supervising paralegals, clerical workers and students;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Admission to the Bar of New Jersey is REQUIRED, active and with no disciplinary history.
- Zero to Five years' experience preferred;
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) A PLUS
- Ability to relate to low income clients and groups with demonstrated interest in poverty law issues and/or public interest service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application, consisting of a cover letter and your resume to: Elissa R. Outtrim, Esq.
Your application must include your target hourly rate, and, your availability to interview and to start. The selected candidate would start upon clearing a background check. Three professional references are required.
ASSIGNED COUNSEL INCORPORATED
Founded in the Greater Philadelphia area in 1992, with offices serving five regions, Assigned Counsel was one of the first Temporary Attorney firms in the U.S. We have placed hundreds of attorneys in law departments, law firms, government agencies and nonprofits. Assigned Counsel is a three-time member of the Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000 — recognized as one of the fastest-growing (based on performance) privately held companies in the U.S. Assigned Counsel’s prominence results from the skills and expertise of its two co-founders and its nationwide staff of experienced professionals, including attorney recruiters in each market.