Search using our robust engine. Get the recommendations you need to get ahead.
Browse through our expansive list of legal practice areas.
Work where you are or where you’d like to be. Find where you’ll work with LawCrossing.
Use our marketplace to feature your opportunity
Start your search today
Set up your account and manage your company profile on LawCrossing
Look through and compare company profiles
Learn from legal expert, Harrison Barnes
Discovery salaries and scope your next job
Don’t just take it from us
How to Attract Success
Why You Should Never Miss a Company Holiday Party or Invitation to Your Boss’s Home
Max 2 yrs required
May 17, 2022
May 13, 2022
The associate will primarily focus on real estate transactions, preparing probate and domestic relations pleadings, preparing summary process complaints, preparing estate planning documents, drafting and recording real estate documents. However, the position will also assist the firm lawyers with other transactions and may be the first point of contact for prospective and current clients. This employee will manage vital organizational operations to keep the firm operating efficiently and smoothly.
This position is entry level and will be overseen by two experienced attorneys within the office. The individual will be taught how to take a matter or transaction from the initial client meeting to the final stages.
The right individual will have high energy and a positive/vibrant attitude, a high level of organization and strong customer service skills. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, and attention to detail is a must. Additionally, this person must be flexible, creative and a proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a collaborative environment, but also able to function effectively working independently.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
• Prepares basic legal documents in the areas of domestic relations, estate planning, probate and real estate.
• Retrieves documents from internal and public sources, and manages transactional files for attorneys.
• Proofreads prepared documents for submission.
• Obtains documents and certifications from other firms, courts or state agencies.
• Conducts basic searches and creates reports in databases or other document repositories.
• Obtains and reviews documents at municipal offices, Registry of Deeds, and Land Court.
• Drafts closing documents, prepares for closing and manages post-closing matters.
• Participates in client meetings, telephones calls/conferences, and prepares written communications as directed by the supervising attorneys. Participates in client document execution meetings.
• Fields phone calls and directs to appropriate team members.
• Communicates with clients by phone, email and in-person.
• Creates procedures as necessary for file organization.
• Writes and distributes communications, memoranda, file notes and other correspondence as requested.
• Assists with the coordination of special projects with attention to detail and timely follow-up.
• Manages information flow on server and faxes, conducts document control and maintains filling system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience/Education: Law Degree is required, recent graduates studying for the bar exam are welcome to apply. However, this position will require the individual be licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts within a year of being hired. Prior experience working in a law firm a plus. Must be a self-starter and resourceful. Notary license a plus. Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s affairs.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and ability to prioritize required. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and IT proficient.
Abilities: Ability to multi-task, as well as the ability to work in a high volume and deadline driven environment is essential. Ability to establish work relationships with clients, and other office personnel.
References: A minimum of three (3) references are required, with at least one (1) reference from a professor or other Legal Professional and one (1) personal reference.
This is an in-office work environment. Travel will be required to various courts, banks, other firms, etc. Teamwork will be required.
Salary & Hours
This is a full-time position that works 40 hours per week. Office hours are 9am - 5pm with one hour for lunch. Starting rate is commensurate with qualifications.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Megan@kgolawfirm.com.
Kline, Gardner & O'Connor P.C.
Kline, Gardner, &. O’Connor, a general practice law firm in Gloucester, MA with an emphasis in real estate, family law, probate, estate planning, and landlord/tenant law.
Tell us where to send your access instructions:
Enter your mobile number to get a reminder to apply later.