Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Date Last Verified
Years of Experience
We are seeking a committed attorney with a minimum of 1-2 years of immigration experience to join our office. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter, possess impeccable organizational skills, is detail-oriented and has the ability to prioritize a full case load. Candidate must have experience preparing legal packets, letters, submissions, motions and have strong legal research and legal writing skills.
The ideal candidate must be ready, willing, and able to handle a busy docket of cases before Immigration Courts, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Patrol, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and the federal courts.
Preference given to someone who is bilingual in English and Spanish, but we are open to other languages as well.
We are looking for someone to live it, love it, and work here. We are not looking for an employee, but someone who is committed to this movement.
· Prepare and draft applications/petitions for immigration benefits.
· Advise and counsel clients on possible avenues of relief.
· Develop factual backgrounds and legal arguments to support claims for asylum in the U.S.
· Research case law, regulations & statutes to help in defending clients and asserting their rights.
· Represent clients in family-based applications, consular processing and other cases.
· Work collaboratively with partners, other associate attorneys and Simakovsky Law staff in case/file preparation.
· Legal research and writing in support of both affirmative and defensive applications as well as in support of federal litigation and advocacy before various immigration agencies.
· Appear before Immigration Court, representing clients in removal proceedings (detained & non-detained dockets) with all applications for relief; Represent clients in bond hearings; Represent clients before USCIS & ICE; Represent clients in probate/family court in SIJS matters; Appear before the Asylum Office
· Communicate and work closely with clients
· Keep track of calendaring tasks and prioritizing assignments in order to meet deadlines
· Actively participate in community organizations
· Other tasks as needed and assigned
Simakovsky Law: Simakovsky Law is a fast-paced, growing immigration law firm with over twenty years of experience based in Columbus, Ohio looking to add an attorney or two to the team. Our practice specializes in family-based, asylum, removal defense, waivers, citizenship, and other matters. Frequent client contact with a wide variety of clients from all over the world is part of the job.