Search using our robust engine. Get the recommendations you need to get ahead.
Browse through our expansive list of legal practice areas.
Work where you are or where you’d like to be. Find where you’ll work with LawCrossing.
Use our marketplace to feature your opportunity
Start your search today
Set up your account and manage your company profile on LawCrossing
Look through and compare company profiles
Learn from legal expert, Harrison Barnes
Discovery salaries and scope your next job
Don’t just take it from us
Builders and Destroyers
Min 2 yrs required
Jun 04, 2022
Jan 28, 2022
Hickey Smith Dodd LLP is looking for a Legal Assistant Coordinator [Junior Paralegal] to join our mid-town team. This is a partial work from home position.
Position Purpose: Provides administrative support to attorneys, paralegals, and case assistant and file clerk supervisor. Assist with overseeing file clerks and legal assistants/case assistants.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Senior Legal Assistant:
· Input information into case management software
· File and serve pleadings, motions, discovery and settlement documents
· Organize materials for team member review
· Research Court rules, compile, review, reconcile, and/or maintain a variety of information and records related to case files, clients and other contacts
· Draft, review and transmit correspondence for attorneys
· Assist attorneys with hearings, trials, arbitration, administrative hearing preparation etc. by organizing, assembling and marking key documents
· Receive and process information requests, registrations, forms, orders, notices, and/or other related information and correspondence
· Sort, file, and maintain material and filing systems (paper, computer or imaging), retrieve file materials, and keep records of file movement
· Perform a variety of routine clerical activities and other duties as assigned.
· Assist in the hiring process, including reviewing resumes, and interviewing potential new hires
· Assist with the training of new employees including the onboarding process
· Assist with daily review of file clerk and case assistant’s assignments and status of deadlines
· Delegate or perform tasks as needed.
· Assist with the development of new and innovative ways to facilitate the growth of the firm and streamline processes.
· Assist with the daily oversight of in-house and remote case assistants and file clerks
· Valid New York State Notary Public license required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree in a related field
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing or overseeing staff
· Minimum of 4 years of related experience in Litigation. Minimum 1 year insurance defense a must.
· Prior experience e-filing and filing manually in New York and PACER required
· Similar experience in NJ, PA, CT, CA, IL, FL, and/or WI Courts a plus
· Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Strong attention to detail
· Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with clients, co-workers, and representatives of other agencies
· Good decision-making skills and the ability to multitask to work in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of applicable subject areas, including court rules and procedures, and the ability to learn relevant terminology, policies, and processes
· Must be a highly motivated and have excellent research and analytical skills.
· Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and in using web-based applications
· Prior Case Management Software experience a plus
· Ability to consistently demonstrate sound ethics, good judgment and maintain the confidentiality of information
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Due to the pandemic our Legal Assistants are working on a rotating schedule, we have masks, disinfectant wipes and spray, and comply with the CDC requirements. Our office is sanitized twice a day and we also have air purifiers throughout the office
HSD offers very competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, a full suite of firm subsidized or paid insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, life) and additional compensation (PTO, paid holidays and 401K plan). HSD's corporate culture encourages promotion from within and the opportunity for growth/advancement in our firm.
If you are interested in joining a growing, forward-looking firm, please send us your resume.
HSD is a technology-enabled law firm with a nationwide footprint. Our insurance defense practice group has seen significant growth over the past few years and our growth is continuing.
We attribute our continued growth to our commitment to our clients, employees and our core values.
Tell us where to send your access instructions:
Enter your mobile number to get a reminder to apply later.