Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Organization TypeLaw Firm
Years of Experience
Experienced Family Law Attorney Needed
Do you want to practice family law without the worries of running your own firm? Fall in love with the practice of law, again. Spend your time dealing directly with clients and representing them in mediation and the courtroom, all while knowing that you have a dedicated staff that keeps your calendar and stands ready to assist in preparing exhibits and keeping you on top of your deadlines. Be part of a dedicated team. Arrive at work, knowing that someone else is answering your phones, maintaining your files, managing the payroll, and greeting your clients with a smile.
We are an entrepreneurial family law firm that is on track for aggressive growth. We have an excellent reputation for legal skill, litigation, and customer support, and we are seeking a fabulous, family law dynamo to join our team.
We are known for helping our clients retain their sanity while dealing with all the complex issues that accompany divorce: custody, community versus separate property, valuation of family owned business, special needs children, long term divorce, family violence, pre-marital and marital property agreements and child support. Our goal is for each of our clients to emerge from their divorce in the best position possible, and feeling that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them and for their children.
We are growing fast, and we need an associate who can hit the ground running.
The person hired for this position will be responsible for important work, including (but not limited to):
· Meeting with clients
· Overseeing the drafting of pleadings, motions, discovery, and other court documents
· Attendance at mediations, depositions, pre-trials, and other court functions
· Litigation of contested matters
· Ensuring deadlines are met
· Meeting minimum assigned billable hours
· Attendance at networking functions
· Maintaining CLE hours
If these statements apply to you, then you may be the associate we are looking for:
· We love to help people learn and grow. But we don’t have the time for that right now. You must already be amazing at practicing family law. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal handholding.
· We do have regular staff meetings, where each open case in the firm is reviewed. You should expect to be able to update the supervising attorney on each case, and your staff should be expected to update you.
· If you are not used to delegating work to excellent paralegals and administrative support personnel, that is a skill we are willing to teach. We want you to spend your time doing work that requires a law degree, not assembling forms, or filing your own documents.
· Minimum six to eight year’s experience handling family law matters is required. A family law knowledge test will be administered.
· Must also have trial experience and the ability to manage multiple cases with conflicting deadlines and time pressures.
· You must be an awesome juggler of tasks who can change gears quickly.
· You must be proficient with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, adobe, and the internet.
· You must want a fast-paced work environment with friendly, cooperative team members.
· You must look, dress, and act, like a professional. Our clients are successful, and they are selecting an attorney to represent them during a life crises. When they walk in your office, they need to feel reassured that you exemplify competence, success, and compassion.
· We have to like each other. We are still a small law firm, and you will interact with every person on our staff daily. There are no cliques or back biting in our office. We all like each other, and it is important to us that we continue to maintain an office that is pleasant to work in. If you don’t want to treat your support staff with respect, this is not the office for you.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for at least 40 hours per week. Pay will be commensurate with experience, and opportunities for bonuses.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you responded to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Respond to this advertisement, Email your resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements in PDF format to send to email, following the below instructions.
The subject line of the email should your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH associate AWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW
INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Full-time
the bolton law firm pc