Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Date Last Verified
Years of Experience
Litigation Attorney - Civil Litigator-Trial Lawyer Wanted
Healthcare company and team of physicians are seeking a civil litigator to function as in-house counsel and engage in legal compliance as well as civil tort. The company is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Attorney with first chair or related trial experience to work closely with external corporate counsel. This role handles a broad spectrum of litigation matters with a focus on medical insurance denials, breach of contracts, tortious interference etc.
We are a private health care provider seeking a talented, dedicated healthcare attorney to join our team. This role will handle insurance defense matters and other associated healthcare and business legal issues for the company. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background, excellent speaking, writing and interpersonal skills, at least 2 to 5 years of experience, and the ability to work independently. Also, must have basic knowledge of ERISA Health Insurance Law, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, Corporate Law and HIPAA. Must have passed PA Bar exam and have Pennsylvania License.
Work assignments consist of drafting pleadings, discovery demands, responses, dispositive motions, trials and other litigation tasks involving problems of the highest level of difficulty and severity with complex facts that are in question for which considerable legal judgment, experience and independent reasoning are required. This position is a litigation trial attorney. Minimum 2 years of law firm or in-house experience and first chair or related trial experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Handles insurance defense matters from pleadings through trial. Manages litigation preparation driving for superior results. Develops the litigation strategy, and prepares/directs the preparation of all necessary materials i.e., briefs, motions, discovery, depositions, experts, etc. Advises whether a case should be tried or settled and actively drives case to resolution with an appropriate sense of urgency.
2. Handles bench and jury trials as first chair in both state and federal court as necessary. Tries all aspects of cases including court appearances, trial preparation, motions, discovery and negotiations.
3. Communicates regularly and concisely with clients, claim professionals, leadership and others to ensure an appropriate level of understanding and documentation exists for effective case management.
4. Conducts legal research and analysis of facts and information to provide counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
5. Prepares opinions or position papers on various legal issues and interpretations of legal issues/provisions.
6. Counsels client/management/claim professionals to avoid legally unsound decisions or plans and when changes in the law occur.
7. May train, or work with other attorneys and paralegals. Trains department staff on appropriate procedures (e.g., claims, etc).
8. Collaboratively works with clients, claim professionals, underwriting, risk control and other third parties while resolving legal issues.
9. Works independently in resolving legal cases.
10. Responds to government regulatory agencies as needed.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and procedures of litigation management.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
3. Strong negotiation, consultative and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners,
4. Ability to exercise independent judgment, and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and senior level skills in managing ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Proven ability to take a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives in order to achieve strategic business results.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
8. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external clients.
9. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance the priorities of the client/organization.
10. Helps self and others to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
11. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
12. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree with JD, and admission to the bar of Pennsylvania.
2. Typically requires a minimum of two years of legal experience in trial law and/or law firm with a progressively increasing level of responsibility. Requires trial and/or litigation experience. Requires a proven track record of results.
3. May require specific technical/functional area legal experience.
4. Ability to handle a Rambo lawyer who is a litigator who uses aggressive, unethical or illegal tactics in representing a client and who lacks courtesy and professionalism in dealing with other lawyers.
No phones calls, please
No agencies please
Institute of Advanced Medicine and Surgery
Healthcare Multispecialty Company