Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Years of Experience
We are seeking a Senior Paralegal to join our Global Merger Clearance Team. Merger Clearance includes all competition / antitrust matters relevant for Mergers & Acquisitions transactions, ranging from deal substantive antitrust feasibility analysis, to the management and execution of various competition filings, and extending to counseling on post-filing and pre-closing activities.
Candidate should have large firm [or in-house] experience and HSR and global competition is preferred, but not required. Applicants must be detail-oriented, have a strong team working attitude, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong process and work system development skills, and have the ability to establish and handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly to assist in the Mergers & Acquisitions area and join our team.
50% Global merger clearance process design and building
• Organize work systems and build efficient processes for merger clearance on a global basis.
• Build global network with key legal and functional resources to improve processes.
• Improve global merger filing process – e.g. update and automate collection processes.
• Improve system to increase efficiency and reduce dependency from external experts.
• Coordinate merger filings.
• Develop expertise in reviewing internal documents (and in the US develop expertise at 4(c) review).
• In the US also develop expertise in managing second requests.
30% Follow transactions to determine where and when filings are needed
• Filing execution (e.g. coordination, gather data, track information).
• Develop matrix of common filings and timing requirements.
• Support, research, assist and draft merger clearance substantive analysis.
• Counsel on post-filing and pre-closing activities.
• Develop deep knowledge of global merger clearance trends and rules, share with teams and improve processes and systems based on learnings.
20% Maintain, update and improve global knowledge management database
• Track competitor mergers, search databases and generate updates on global merger control developments, regulator decisions and articles relevant to Cargill.
• Analyze data and create statistics to improve team’s visibility of key trends.
• Monitor external training programs relevant for Merger Clearance.
• Translate knowledge into tools relevant for merger clearance and help in communicating to various stakeholders.
• Design playbooks to raise awareness and manage risk systematically.
• Design, create and facilitate required trainings.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Senior Paralegal experience
• Four-year college degree.
• Completion of an accredited paralegal program OR comparable legal education with minimum 4 years of progressively responsible paralegal experience.
• Working experience in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
Additional Required Skills
• Strong process and work systems development skills as well as strong organization skills.
• Strong team working attitude with ability to listen and work collaboratively also with virtual teams in different part of the world.
• Proven history of building trust with others.
• Strong communication (excellent oral and written communication skills).
• Strong business partnerships, conflict management and problem solving abilities.
• Strong analytical & research skills and detail orientation.
• Commitment to excellence, accountability and innovation.
• Workflow management, under tight deadlines and other time constraints.
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate demands.
• Ability to move forward in ambiguous situations and take the lead when necessary.
• Self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness and ability to grasp complicated tasks.
• Large international firm experience in corporate groups
• Substantive knowledge of global M&A antitrust/competition law area and exposure to M&A antitrust/competition processes and procedures, including experience in preparing and filing Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) submissions with the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission and responding to second requests
• Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese (read, write, speak).
• Experience using social media (e.g. twitter and LinkedIn) to capture new trends and new merger clearance regulations and organize process around it.
• Strong knowledge and ability to leverage data management & analytical platforms to capture key information relevant to merger clearance strategies.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 143,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. I invite you to see the following video This-is-Cargill in our company website.