Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Years of Experience
Date Last Verified
Circuit Court Clerk II Duties : Determines and authors the official record of every action in a court of general jurisdiction through the recording of minutes, maintaining custody of all notices and documents presented in court, receiving and processing of all exhibits, and directs courtroom procedures of hearings and trials involving complex, contested cases; and performs other duties as required.
Qualification and Experience
Qualification : Must have Graduation from high school or equivalent. Excess experience of the type described below or work experience requiring the ability to read and comprehend and apply written directions or a high degree of verbal skills may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
General Experience: 2+ years of progressively responsible general clerical work experience.
Specialized Experience: 3+ years of progressively responsible work experience which involved the receiving and examining or preparing and/or processing of legal forms and documents used in court proceedings. Such experience must have given the applicant the knowledge of the nature and purpose of legal papers and documents being handled, determining what constitutes the official permanent record, and determining what information and/or action is necessary for processing of legal papers and documents.
To qualify, at least one (1) year of the specialized experience must have been in a courtroom setting, comparable to the next lower level Circuit Court Clerk I or District Court Clerk I.
Substitution of Education for General Experience:
1. Successful completion of a one-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for one(1) year of General Experience.
2. Successful completion of a two-year clerical or business curriculum leading to a diploma, certificate or other comparable degree from a business or technical school, community college or other comparable institution above the high school level may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. Study at an accredited college or university in a baccalaureate program may be substituted for the General Experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
1. Completion of a legal stenographer or legal secretary curriculum in a school above the high school level may be substituted for one (1) year of Specialized Experience.
2. Study at an accredited university or college in a para-legal program may be substituted for Specialized Experience on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
3. Successful study at an accredited school of law may be substituted for Specialized Experience on a year-for-year basis, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Company infoHiring Coordinator