Responsible for default litigation and attorney oversight for two or more state jurisdictions to ensure necessary legal services are effectively delivered. Establishes regional priorities and objectives.
- Provides strategic leadership, vision and direction for regional performance.
- Establishes clear objectives, including short and long term priorities based upon sound business and legal principles.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and divisional guidelines and standards.
- Ensures the implementation of strategic initiatives and compliance directives in a timely manner.
- Ensures that highly qualified talent is hired and trained.
- Implements processes and policies to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively to ensure consistency across regions.
- Provides guidance on legal process and qualification in multiple jurisdictions.
- Develops contacts and collaborates with Marketing to provide input and ensure appropriate outreach activities for continued business growth.
- Communicates regularly with Operations, Associates and other colleagues to inform of changes, statuses, issues, and developments.
- Cooperates and contributes to the development and advancement of the firm.
- Remains mindful of the interests and needs of all departments and clients firmwide.
Oversight: Case Management, Client Service and Compliance
- Provides litigation oversight, including new case evaluations, ongoing reviews, case assignments, internal quality audits, trial strategies and final review of all cases designated for trial.
- Ensures proper management of cases including appropriate documentation and billing. Serves as co-counsel with other legal staff and/or outside counsel on litigation, as needed.
- Utilizes on-line and other references to research and analyze statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, codes and the like.
- Advises Management, Managing Attorneys and others about relevant changes, including impact analysis, recommendations for change and change implementation.
- Ensures coverage for attendance at hearings, settlement conferences and other appearances as necessary.
- Recommends and drives continuous improvement for client service.
- Provides internal and external training as required for effective client service and business growth.
- Reviews case management system reports to ensure integrity standards are achieved and upheld.
Supervision of Associates
- Collaborates with direct reports in developing objectives and other standards; provides mentoring and guidance to state attorneys and associates.
- Holds direct reports accountable for high levels of client service, including timely response, good scorecards, and effective representation of client interests consistent with client requirements across all lines of business.
- Formally evaluates direct reports annually; provides formal and informal feedback on-going and as needed.
- Recommends compensation changes.
- Fosters a supportive work environment.
- Keeps current on relevant laws, regulations, statutes, industry standards and client expectations.
- Provides self and associates with training and opportunities to enhance skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Holds mentoring and candid career development conversations with staff.
- Demonstrates leadership, innovation and diligence and sets the standard for attorney conduct through their own exemplary conduct.
Other Projects and Responsibilities as May Be Assigned
- J.D from an ABA accredited law school
- Bar Admission active and in good standing in the State of NC. Additional licenses a plus.
- Knowledge of laws related to practice areas, legal codes and court procedures.
- At least 8 years of real estate and secure transaction
- Experience managing other attorneys is preferred.
- Experience in various client systems used in default services, such as LPS, Lenstar, and Vendorscape, preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with Sr. Leadership
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate with other attorneys, staff and clients.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a large volume of cases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as Outlook and Word
Stern & Eisenberg
In over 40 years of practice, Stern & Eisenberg has acquired a reputation for representing its clients with both integrity and intensity. Our experience in specific areas of the law is extensive, and our commitment to understanding the needs of our clients is second to none. We are relentless litigators, tireless negotiators and patient listeners. But mostly, we are people you want on your side. Committed to our community, loyal to our clients and passionate about our work.