Search using our robust engine. Get the recommendations you need to get ahead.
Browse through our expansive list of legal practice areas.
Work where you are or where you would like to be. Find where you will work with LawCrossing.
Use our marketplace to feature your opportunity
Start your search today
Set up your account and manage your company profile on LawCrossing
Look through and compare company profiles
Learn from the legal expert
Discover salaries and the scope of your next job
LawCrossing Works Read Testimonials and Share your Story
Discover What You Do Best: We All Have Something
Headline: Discover the Excitement of Working at US Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor (SOL)
Welcome to the US Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor (SOL), where legal expertise meets the mission of protecting the rights of the Nation's workers. As a vital component of the Department of Labor, SOL plays a crucial role in ensuring that labor laws are enforced and applied fairly, making it an exciting workplace for staff members.
The Government at a Glance:
The US Department of Labor is a federal agency responsible for promoting the welfare of job seekers, wage earners, and retirees in the United States. With a focus on improving working conditions, advancing opportunities for employment, and safeguarding workers' rights, the Department of Labor plays a pivotal role in shaping the nation's labor policies.
The Office of the Solicitor (SOL) is the legal arm of the Department of Labor, providing legal advice and representation to the Secretary of Labor and other Department officials. SOL's primary objective is to ensure that the Department's overall mission is achieved while upholding the principles of fairness and justice.
Benefits of Joining SOL:
1. Meaningful Impact: Working at SOL allows individuals to make a significant impact on the lives of workers across the nation. By providing legal advice and representation, SOL ensures that labor laws are enforced, protecting workers' rights and promoting fair treatment in the workplace.
2. Diverse Legal Challenges: SOL offers a wide range of legal challenges, making it an exciting workplace for legal professionals. From representing the Secretary and client agencies in litigation to assisting in the development of regulations and legislative proposals, SOL provides a diverse and intellectually stimulating work environment.
3. Professional Growth Opportunities: The US Department of Labor is committed to fostering the professional growth of its employees. SOL staff members have access to a variety of training programs, workshops, and resources that enhance their legal skills and knowledge. This commitment to professional development ensures that employees can continuously grow and excel in their careers.
4. Collaborative Environment: SOL fosters a collaborative work environment where teamwork and cooperation are highly valued. Staff members have the opportunity to work alongside experienced attorneys, legal experts, and professionals from various disciplines. This collaborative approach promotes knowledge sharing, innovation, and the development of well-rounded legal professionals.
5. Work-Life Balance: The US Department of Labor recognizes the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. SOL offers flexible work arrangements, including telework options, that allow employees to manage their personal and professional commitments effectively. This flexibility contributes to a positive and supportive work environment.
6. Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: The US Department of Labor is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. SOL embraces this commitment by promoting diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of its operations. Staff members are encouraged to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the table, creating a rich and inclusive work environment.
If you are a legal professional seeking an exciting and meaningful career, the US Department of Labor Office of the Solicitor (SOL) is the place for you. With its mission to protect the rights of the Nation's workers, SOL offers diverse legal challenges, professional growth opportunities, and a collaborative work environment. Join SOL and be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of workers across the United States.