Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
4 Reasons Why Every Job Should Have a Customized Resume
4 Reasons Why You Should Customize Your Resume
You aren't convinced yet? Check out the following few reasons which say that customization is definitely a great idea if you really want to land the job:
- You Need to Get Your Resume Noticed - For every job advertised - thanks to the correlation of multiple online job boards - a recruiter can receive thousands of applications. Do you think they have time to read each one of them to find out which ones match the job specification best? Not at all.
So what they do? They let the computer do the mundane job. The computer uses keywords to sift through the inundation of applications and will pick up those who have the right placement and number of keywords mentioned in the resume.
- Looking for the Top 20-50 Matches - Sifting through applications is different from searching information on Google. Most recruiters would look at a cross-match of 2-4 criteria to get a maximum of 20-50 best-matched applicants. For this purpose, the resume has to be written from the perspective of the employer. Unless the resume is customized to the keywords that best represent and interpret the job specifications, there is no way that your carefully drafted application will not be noticed, let alone analyzed.
- ATS (Applicants' Tracking Systems) Use Exact Matches -ATS cannot "catch" synonyms, alternate meaning, or implications. They only pick up the selected keywords that they were programmed to pick up. Their ability to identify keywords does not extend to various interpretations of any word. Hence, customization would definitely increase your chances exponentially.
- Cover Letters Are Outside the ATS Purview - When the keyword search is performed, the ATS "looks" through ONLY resumes. These systems do not "read" cover letters. Hence, if you customized the cover letter while leaving the CV untouched, the proposed impact of the cover letter would be lost with the recruiter; the computer is not programmed to search resumes.
Want to Customize Your Resume? Go Here to Sign Up for Attorney Resume and Let Their Resume Experts Help You Today.
LawCrossing provides excellent input to its members. I like its email alert option the most.
LawCrossing Fact #66: Users can easily locate jobs in their areas when they type in their zip codes before they search.
Our office is looking for a college graduate needed to fill a full-time legal assistant position,...
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Mark Herskovitz Los Angeles, CA
Getting a job isn't rocket science. It isn't brain surgery. But it does take time, effort, and commitment. You have what it takes to get any job you want. Believe in yourself.