Buchanan Ingersoll Creates Florida Powerhouse by Acquiring Fowler White
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney and Florida-based Fowler White Boggs completed their merger
on March 14, 2014. The law firms announced that a vote from shareholders of both firms had affirmed their merger. Backed with Buchanan's national presence and Fowler's established practice in Florida, the new merged entity has better market positioning, power, and experience than most of their counterparts in the same market space.
Buchanan's CEO, Jack Barbour, said "This combination made sense from every angle… We were looking to increase our bench in Florida, but only with professionals from a firm with the same cultural values and strategic objectives as ours. Fowler White perfectly fit the bill."
"Buchanan's geographic reach and practice strengths were key factors in our decision to combine with them," said Rhea Law, Fowler's CEO and board chairman. "Fowler White's leadership in the areas of economic development has created opportunities to utilize Buchanan's expertise in Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity, Health Care and Financial Institutions. In addition, our firms share the same commitment to client and community service excellence."
The newly merged entity will be cobranded as Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney/Fowler White Boggs now in Florida, and as Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
, after a year. It seems to have much greater bench strength and expanded capabilities than most of its counterparts in the same market space and includes:
- More than 100 lawyers focused on financial services, real estate and bankruptcy
- Corporate practice with more than 40 attorneys focusing on mergers and acquisitions, venture and private equity capital transactions, and securities/SEC
- Dedicated FDA practice and a dynamic federal government relations team focused on health care, transportation, defense and other federally regulated industries
- Full service intellectual property practice with more than 60 attorneys
- Close to 40 health care attorneys focused on transactions and regulatory maters
- More than 140 litigators creating a litigation powerhouse
- Top notch tax practice focused on business and international tax, estates and trusts and non profits
- More than 50 experienced labor and employment attorneys
The combination also brings Buchanan Ingersoll into the 100 largest law firms in US with a combined roll of nearly 530 attorneys, with 138 out of them having ranked in The Best Lawyers in America
. The new firm has 277 attorneys ranked by peer review in Martindale-Hubbell
, 129 attorneys ranked in Super Lawyers
, 80 attorneys having first-tier metropolitan rankings from U.S. News & World Report
, and 40 attorneys ranked by Chambers USA
I saw a large number of job listings on the site. It is the most impressive site for finding carrier options.
LawCrossing Fact #45: LawCrossing allows users to search for jobs by city, not just state.