Meanwhile, Bear Sterns, the ill-fated investment firm, saw some of its former managers arrested. This, in turn, enabled the arresting officers to take each arrestee on the infamous "perp walk," which brought a discussion of the propriety of said walk. The Kozinski porn case, meanwhile, died down a bit — for the moment.
In other blog-related news, the Associated Press came in for some derision with their stunning decision to try to charge $2.50 a word for quoting their stories.
And finally, we at last found out the top ten legal songs of all time, as voted for by the readers of Above the Law:
- I Fought The Law — The Clash [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- Lawyers, Guns, and Money — Warren Zevon [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- 99 Problems — Jay-Z [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- Folsom Prison Blues — Johnny Cash [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- We're All Winners, as arranged by Nixon Peabody [ Explanation ]
- Law and Order theme song [ YouTube|Dance Remix ]
- Hurricane — Bob Dylan [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- Alice's Restaurant — Arlo Guthrie [ YouTube ]
- I Fought The Law — Bobby Fuller 4 [ Lyrics|YouTube ]
- The Road Goes on Forever — Robert Earl Keen [ YouTube ]