Assistant General Counsel (1-3 years)
Wellington Insurance Group is a diversified financial services organization in the insurance industry with numerous entities conducting business nationwide from offices in Fort Worth, TX.
Wellington’s financial service capabilities are distinguished by many of the largest and most reputable names and regulatory bodies in the insurance and reinsurance industry—enabling the highest level of tailored service solutions.
Wellington’s risk retention and distribution businesses involve specialized underwriting expertise and market knowledge in specialty personal lines of business characteristic of low-severity and short-tailed risks.
Wellington Insurance Group is seeking an attorney to join the Office of General Counsel. The Assistant General Counsel is responsible for providing legal support to the General Counsel on a variety of business transactions and legal, regulatory and compliance issues. Specifically, this position will engage in legal research and writing, contract review and drafting, maintaining the regulatory complaint docket, and other special projects. The ideal candidate will have experience working on Law Review or a similar, significant law school journal publication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct legal research and memorandum writing
- Prepare, review, and/or negotiate third party vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, corporate agreements, and confidentiality agreements
- Identify and communicate issues and risks for agreements and collaborate and negotiate mitigation strategies
- Provide legal advice and assistance for the development of policies and practices
- Resolve routine legal matters with minimal supervision
- Maintain the regulatory complaint docket
- Serve as a resource to General Counsel on special projects
- Step into leadership roles and assume responsibility as the needs arise
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- 1-3 years of legal experience
- Law Review or similar, significant journal experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Strong analytical ability, critical and strategic thinking skills, and attention to detail
To Be Considered:
- Submit resume and application via our online system
- Submit writing sample from journal experience
TOBACCO USERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Disclaimer: This document describes the minimum essential duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, and effort of the position. It in no way implies that these are the only functions to be performed by the incumbent and the functions may be modified by the supervisor at any time to meet Company needs. Workers are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related functions requested by a supervisor or manager. Unless otherwise indicated, all job-related functions will be performed on-site at the Employer’s facility. Successful performance requires that the incumbent possess and utilize the abilities and skills described. All functions are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some functions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
Attorney, Lawyer, Assistant General Counsel, Legal, Law, In-House, Insurance, Law Review. AGC, Juris Doctor, JD, Employment, Job, Texas, Fort Worth
Apply for this job