Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Click Here to Find Law Student Jobs on LawCrossing
Why law students avoid internet social networks as part of their professional networking
There are some reasons why law students avoid social networking and many of these reasons are true for the uninitiated. However, if a person is aware of the pitfalls and risks concerned with internet networking activities then such risks can be kept at a minimum and advantages at their maximum. The principal reasons why law students avoid internet social networks for professional networking include:
- Privacy concerns
- Perception of inferiority of internet social networks when it comes to professional networking
- Time wasting endeavor
How internet social networks can be of value to law students for professional networking
Click Here to Find Summer Associate Jobs on LawCrossing
There is no doubt that on a regular basis, “real world” networking pays off quicker than professional networking on the internet. Nonetheless, there are certain advantages of internet social networks that cannot be refuted including:
- High page ranks of internet social networks make it certain that your profile on such networks become visible on the first page of any search. Since a law students seem unable to avoid social networking altogether, it is better that a professional profile be there on professional internet networks like LinkedIn. For instance, if a professional is searching for a law student by name, at least professional profiles in professional social networks are also on the search engine page instead of the only casual profiles on ordinary social networks. In fact, this online balance may be attractive to certain employers.
- Internet professional networks like LinkedIn help you enormously to develop and market your brand and influence what people come across when they search for you on the internet.
- Internet social networks allow you to establish and maintain relationships with old classmates, alumni, and colleagues.
- Internet social networks allow you to seek advice from experts or to establish relations with them quickly.
- Internet social networks allow you to find references who can recommend you for a job.
Internet social networks can be used for building a professional career provided the below stated tips are followed.
- Use social network invitations to connect with people of relevance.
- Do not use generic language in the invitations, but use a personally created draft.
- Develop your brand with regular profile updates, by creating groups, and by answering questions posed by other members.
- Answer questions raised on law as the questions are raised and your questions will get noticed.
- Entering legal discussion will help you to make expert contacts.
- Search for jobs from the jobs board which almost every social network seems to have nowadays.
- Use internet social networks to research about potential employers.
Click Here to View the 2015 LawCrossing Salary Survey of Lawyer Salaries in the Best Law Firms
At LawCrossing I got the job that I always dreamt of. I am extremely grateful to LawCrossing.
LawCrossing Fact #98: Want more money? Get a BETTER JOB!
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Brian McMillan San Francisco, CA
Attorney – Madison Wisconsin The Hy Cite Enterprises legal team supports the company’s operations both in...
Be brief. The more you try to embellish your answers, the more likely you are to say something that disqualifies you.