Affiliated to the Hamline University in Saint Paul, Hamline University School of Law is a private school situated in Minnesota. This school of law was established in the year 1972. It was originally known by the name of Midwestern School of Law. This was originally founded by a group of lawyers. It was in the year 1976, when the law school was affiliated with Hamline University. It was since then that it turned out to be a small university that supported a regular law school. This law school has been certified by the American Bar Association.
Hamline University School of Law is well known for offering both part time and full time education for obtaining a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, together with a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree for lawyers worldwide.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program in the Hamline University School of Law has received recognition all over the world. Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program was founded in the year 1991. The course is very well known for providing courses in worldwide and household dispute resolutions. The program was further improved from the time it entered into contract with the other international institutions. This agreement brought students from oversees to Hamline University School of Law and sent the students of the United States in foreign countries.
Law school library:
Hamline law library is very well equipped and this helps the law students carry out their research works. You can also lend books and the data based searching facility helps the students easily locate their books and journals. The Law Library consists of over 275,000 volumes with primary focus on American law and interdisciplinary subjects. The library also subscribes to a number of electronic resources enabling the users to access material from within the library or even from remote locations. In association with Hamline University's Bush Library and as a member of the Cooperating Libraries in Consortium (CLIC), the Hamline Law Library also provides timely admission to wide range of non-legal articles.
Hamline University School of Law publishes a total of 3 journals on law.
- The Hamline Law Review has been placed in the top 20% of the Most Cited Law Reviews.
- Another journal named The Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy mainly deals with matters relating to public decision making policies of the judicial, executive and legislative sections of the administrative system.
- The Journal of Law and Religion mainly deals with the legal, ethnic, and religious matters. This is an international publication that has received support from many schools.
The name of the sports team in the law school is Res Ipsa, especially in ice hockey; here it enters into competition in community leagues, competition with the other law schools based in Minnesota, and intramural competition.
Hamline University School of Law boasts of its proud alumni:
For more information, please visit http://law.hamline.edu/.
- Minnesota State Senator, Don Betzold
- Minnesota State Senator, Charles Wiger
- Minnesota State Representative, Jon Lesch
- California Assemblyman, Van Tran
- U.S. District Court Judge of Minnesota, Donovan Frank
- Renowned CBS - Los Angeles newscaster Paul Magers