The Database Trainer position encompasses as much of the technical support as he possibly can provide to the firm along with training for staff and clients. Candidates need to be comfortable with one-on-one teaching or classroom teaching. Here are some of the responsibilities of a Database Trainer:
There are special experience requirements unique to the position:
- He must provide assistance in setting up remote transmissions and distance learning programs for clients or offices located in other towns or states.
- Must provide scripts for database demonstrations to clients and project teams.
- Standard technology training programs are provided by the Database Trainer and he is also responsible for all the training materials for each class or training session he prepares.
- In addition to the firm’s software used by the legal staff and the software used for distance learning, the firm also has software for clients that allow the firm to support client questions and learning needs. Any training or technical support is the responsibility of the Database Trainer.
- Assessment needs of the firm for software, tools or training material must be done by the Database Trainer and he is responsible for verifying the orders are filled and received for his department.
- The logistical support for user training programs, meetings, and events that require scheduling of conference rooms and meeting room equipment is managed by the Database Trainer.
In review, the education for the Database Trainer is not specified because there are many different fields of experience needed to perform the duties. Besides being a good trainer with experience he must also be a software expert in as many as 3 programs used by the legal firm. This is the in house software used by employees, the litigation software Attorneys use during litigation trials for discovery and document review, and finally, any software other than the legal packages used in the firm. As exampled in the job responsibilities, some firms have software for distance learning in other offices or for clients who have questions. All training classes and scheduling is handled by the Trainer. Training materials are also the responsibility of the Trainer. The salary is consummate with the education background. A High School Degree with experience commands $30K and a bachelor degreed candidate can earn between $40K and $50K while an advanced degree brings up to $60K annually.
- The firm needs a candidate with experience in litigation support and or law firm training programs.
- The Database Trainer needs to administer litigation database software and provide the training experience in house.
- Database Trainer needs experience with managing multiple location training sessions.
- Trainer must be able to initiate training programs without supervision.
- Trainer must be fluent in one of the litigation databases used by a legal firm.
- A Database Trainer basically needs to be able to set up the litigation support process. To do this he has to have experience in litigation support and an understanding of the technology used to present the support with an emphasis on discovery, document productions, electronic document management, and legal document review.