Support PDF,DOC,DOCX,TXT,XLS,WPD,HTM,HTML fils up to 5MB
Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
by Akbar Ali
- J.D.-MBA with Northwestern's Kellogg School of Management
- J.D.-Ph.D. with one of Northwestern's graduate schools
- MSJ-MSL with Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism
A nine-month LL.M. program is also available to graduates from foreign law schools, who are given the opportunity to study international law and comparative legal research. Several Executive LL.M. programs are also available to practicing legal and business professionals in Europe and Korea who do not wish to study in the United States. These programs are offered in conjunction with the KAIST Graduate School of Management in Seoul and the Instituto de Empresa in Madrid.
Currently, Northwestern Law is ranked near the top in numerous law disciplines:
- fourth in the country in tax law
- fifth in the country in trial advocacy (tie)
- seventh in the country in legal writing (tie)
- 10th in the country in clinical training
- 12th in the country in international law (tie)
- 14th in the country in dispute resolution (tie)
- first for "Best Career Prospects"
- eighth for "Toughest to Get Into"
- 10th for "Best Quality of Life"
- 10th for "Best Overall Academic Experience"
- the Northwestern University Law Review (among the eight most frequently cited law journals in the nation; former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg was an editor)
- the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- the Journal of International Law and Business
- the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property
- the Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights
- the Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy
The median LSAT score for the class entering in 2007 was 170, from a span of 167-172. The LSAT scores for 2007 ranked among the 94th and 99th percentile of all LSAT takers in the United States that year. The reported median GPA stood at 3.7, from a range of 3.4 to 3.8.
Given the breadth of its student body, Northwestern is also home to a number of legal clinics and law centers where students are allowed to assist in real-life legal matters. The most prominent of these clinics and centers are:
- the Bluhm Legal Clinic
- the Center on Wrongful Convictions
- the Children and Family Justice Center
- the MacArthur Justice Center
- the Small Business Opportunity Center
- the Center for International Human Rights
- the Investor Protection Center
- the Fred Bartlit Center for Trial Strategy
If you are a law student and seeking a job in law firm near Chicago area, then visit this page to get current openings.
Learn the 10 Factors That Matter to Big Firms More Than Where You Went to Law School
The site is user-friendly
LawCrossing Fact #217: LawCrossing is a revolutionary multimillion-dollar job research tool unlike any other.
NOW TRENDING ON BCG ATTORNEY SEARCH
MOST POPULAR ARTICLES
Testimonial of the Week
- Theresa D. Colorado
Boston Products Liability Litigation Attorneys
Bliss Lawyers is seeking products liability litigation attorneys with at least five years of experience to work in the B...
Resumes are meant to be brief. They are a snapshot of your credentials. It should leave the reader wanting to know more about you, not less.