||''Hard work pays off for men much more than for women. At firms with high hours requirements, male equity partners earn a whopping 0,000 more than women in the same position.''|
- At each level of promotion, male lawyers earn more than females. Male of counsel earn roughly $20,000 more than females, male non-equity partners earn roughly $27,000 more than females, and male equity partners earn almost $90,000 more than female equity partners.
- Hard work pays off for men much more than for women. At firms with high hours requirements, male equity partners earn a whopping $140,000 more than women in the same position.
- Women's representation at the level of equity partnership — those partners who own a portion of the firm and enjoy the greatest compensation, prestige, and power — accounts in the average large firm for only one in six of all equity partners. The survey shows a continuing lack of progress in moving women lawyers into more senior positions, even as they continue to be productive and profitable for their firms.
- Law firm governance is overwhelmingly conducted by male lawyers. Women comprise only 15% of the members of law firms' highest governing committees and fewer than 10% of managing partners. A remarkable 15% of large firms have no women lawyers on their highest governing committee.
- Firms today are more liberal about allowing part-time practice, which may enhance their ability to retain women lawyers grappling with work and family responsibilities, and almost all firms have implemented women's initiatives, although their content varies widely along with their prospects for effectiveness.
|Networking: An Effective Method for Job Seekers in the Legal Field|
According to a recent survey, one of the most effective methods for legal support professionals to uncover suitable work is to network. The survey, developed by Robert Half Legal and conducted by an independent research firm, reported that 51% of the lawyers responded that personal, or peer referrals and netw ....
|How to Interview Well as a Law Student: How Dressing Appropriately and Doing Your Research Can Help You Land a Job in the Legal Field|
In this article, you'll discover how best to interview for a company or firm as a law student. Two of the most important things to remember before the interview include the need to dress appropriately and to do your research. By following the tips below, you'll be well on your way to landing that dream lega ....
|The Important Role of Different Paralegals in the Legal Field|
According to the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, a paralegal is a professional who performs much of the legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts and which is usually assigned by an attorney. In other words, most of the work which paralegals do is similar to that of lawyers, with som ....